This collection of documents and awards to Otto Berner Leutnant (Pilot Officer) 2. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Kampfgeschwader 53, Luftwaffe awarded DKIG November 14th, 1943 includes 1) A German Cross in Gold 2) An Iron Cross 1939 First Class 3) An Iron Cross 1939 Second Class 4) A Gold Grade Luftwaffe Squadron Clasp for Bomber Pilots with 300 Hanger 5) ID Dog Tag 6) Documents.
1) The German Cross in Gold (Deutsches Kreuz in Gold); light version; with its trademark four hollow rivets on the reverse; double-overlaid sunburst pattern with eight points; the center with a black enameled rotated (mobile) swastika, with the enamels well preserved without chipping of any kind and only two minor scratches; within a stamped gilded circular wreath impressed with oak leaves, ribbons, and the introduction year “1941”; the inner and outer sides of the wreath feature a thin red enameled rings with a silver core in the middle; the reverse plain but with a broad vertical pinback with a functional barrel hinge and a thick, slightly rounded catch; marked “20” for “Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart” on the reverse of the pin.
2) The Iron Cross 1939 First Class; a cross pattée of multi-piece construction with a blackened iron core (magnetic) within a ribbed border; the obverse with a raised central mobile swastika with the re-institution date “1939” in raised numbering on the lower arm; the reverse plain, with a slender vertical pinback, a barrel hinge, and a flat wire catch.
3) The Iron Cross 1939 Second Class; a cross pattée of multi-piece construction with a blackened iron core (magnetic) within a ribbed border; on loop for suspension from its period original ribbon; the obverse with a raised central mobile swastika with the re-institution date “1939” in raised numbering on the lower arm; the reverse with the original institution date “1813” in raised numbering on the lower arm; marked 65 maker Klein & Quenzer, Idar-Oberstein.
4) Clasp in gilded tombac, center silvered, unmarked maker Juncker, as is often case with these clasp, worn, about very fine condition; 300 hanger in gilded zinc, abut very fine condition. Typical worn clasp, retains about 80% of original finish, attractive, scarce.
5) ID Dog Tag after Otto Berner Leutnant (Pilot Officer) 2. Staffel, I. Gruppe, Kampfgeschwader 53, Luftwaffe.
6) Documents and photos, birth certificate, Uhnenpas, genealogical tree family.
Overall, this is a fine collection of second war German awards. In overall extremely fine condition.
0 Item Items
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 0000-00-00